Vermont 2014-2016 Renewal Cycle: Mandatory Course
As a licensed real estate professional, it’s important to take the time to regularly review local, state, and federal changes to laws, regulations, and rules that impact your practice of residential and commercial real estate.
This four-hour course is designed to provide you with a detailed overview of Vermont Real Estate Commission Administrative Rules and Title 26 VSA Chapter 41 changes. The course also offers a review of several state disciplinary cases to ensure that you’re aware of the nature of complaints received by the Commission, with a focus on best practices to avoid common pitfalls. After all, when licensed professionals use best practices and know where to find help, they have a head start on being successful!
Course highlights include:
- An overview of 2013 changes to the Vermont Real Estate Commission Administrative Rules
- A look at the difference between a client and a customer and the services owed to each
- A review of “implied agency” and tips on how to avoid it
- An analysis of recent changes to Title 26 VSA Chapter 41, including revisions to trust/escrow account requirements and changes in continuing education and post-licensure requirements
- A discussion of best practices related to issues such as seller financing, lead-based paint disclosures, and stormwater
- A review of recent changes to RESPA
- Activities and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context